Monday, May 18, 2009

It's Closing Time

The last day at my internship was sad. My time at NBC felt like it went by so fast. I wrote thank you cards for my coworkers and went around the building saying my goodbyes to everyone. I made sure I traded contact information with everyone to stay in touch. One of the things I love about NBC is that it feels like a great big family. Thanks to all my coworkers, it was a great learning experience that I can’t wait to share it when I get back to school.


Me with NBC News Correspondent Tom Costello

The final days of class were sad too. We all really enjoyed our class and Professor Feldman. Thanks to her we learned a great deal about media ethics. Our classes were held at the Associated Press building and she even ordered pizza for our last couple days of class. :) She’s been a great professor and I recommend that future TWC communication students take her Media, Ethics & the Movies class if it's offered.



Wow, the last week was hectic. With the portfolio’s deadline approaching, it felt like a race to the finish line. I stayed up into the wee hours of the night working on my portfolio. Besides gathering all the information and papers needed, I had to re-read a lot of my documents to make sure there were no errors and correct mistakes. It took time to save my projects to DVDs/CDs and make copies of them. Time was also spent printing three copies of everything and finally organizing each portfolio together.

Once all that was done, I hurried over to Staples to get my portfolios bound and to print a few pages in color. I was there for about three hours. The bright side; the total price came out to be about $15. I saved a lot of money doing my own printing. I guarantee you one of the best feelings at TWC is to finally be done with your portfolio. It was such a relief. All that was left was to turn it in.


A Spring Term Commencement was held for all TWC students. It was the official last time that all TWC students would be together. The ceremony was touching with the guest speakers and the presentations. It was sad to know that it was all coming to an end; yet it's also inspiring, because The Washington Center experience will now lead to a new beginning. I thank The Washington Center and all the friends that I’ve made for this wonderful and unforgettable experience.


Spring Commencement

Our last day at Grosvenor Towers

“The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey

Wishing all the Spring 2009 TWC students the best!

Signing Out,

Erica Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment